Jul 8, 2021
If you’re starting an online business, you’re almost certainly
going to create content. But should you focus on written content on
your blog, or video content to try and tap into the massive YouTube
Which is better to focus on for audience growth, monetization,
and for the best ROI on your limited time?
To help you figure out which type of content is best for you,
it's time for another Side Hustle Showdown.
For the debate, I found two gracious volunteers. Both are from
the food and recipe niche, so we can compare proverbial apples to
- Blogger Jannese Torres-Rodriguez, who started
DelishD’Lites.com as a side hustle to share her love
of Latin food. She has since turned it into one of several income
streams under her multi-6-figure business umbrella.
- YouTuber Nisha Vora, who is a former lawyer
who started RainbowPlantLife.com and the Rainbow Plant Life YouTube Channel to
share how to master vegan cooking at home. She’s closing in on half
a million YouTube subscribers and has more than 20 million lifetime
Tune in to hear:
- Which type of content takes the longest to create
- How they go about creating content that ranks well on each
- The pros and cons of "owning" your blog content vs. relying on
- How monetization compares on the two platforms
- And more
This is a fun one, and by the end, you’ll have an idea which
platform is going to be best for your business.